3 rd Annual St. Rafka Lebanese Festival
Who: St. Rafka Maronite Church
What: 3 rd Annual Lebanese Festival
Where: 2301 Wadsworth Blvd., Lakewood
When: Saturday, September 10, 11 am to 10 pm
Sunday, September 11, Exaltation of the Holy Cross, Mass for the Martyrs – 9am
Festival 11 am to 6 pm
See Event Flyer.
- Shawarma (beef & chicken)
- Kafta (beef kabab)
- Chicken Kebab
- Many other authentic sweets and treats
- Story telling
- Religious & Cultural History
- Traditional games
- Kids Area
- Raffle: $10,000 1 st Prize (only 400 tickets will be sold)
The weekend will host on Sunday morning the 11, the Morning Mass at 9:00 am at Saint Rafka Church Celebrating the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, the symbol of Christian Martyrdom and Redemption.
The Mass will be also:
– In commemoration of Fr Jaques Hamel, the recent French Priest who was slain at the foot of the Altar in Normandy by ISIS during the Mass;
– For the Martyrs of 9/11 and all the innocent victims in the USA who were killed in later fanatic Islamist terrorist attacks;
– For the Christian Martyrs in the Middle East and in the world, and for all innocent victims of the religious persecution and the violence made by ISIS and other related fanatic Islamist terrorist attacks.
Please come: pray, enjoy the food, learn how to help the Church and the Christian cause in the Middle East. Let us thank God for the gift of Religious Freedom in America and educate ourselves how to keep it alive.